It’s no secret that most of us spend our free time online these days. Research shows, everyday more people are turning to social media as a main source of communication. The main sources of this are Instagram and Facebook where you can endlessly scroll through posts of friends, family and even celebrities sharing their opinions on various topics.
One of the biggest concerns companies have nowadays, is how good their social media is and they’re always trying to make it better. Becoming a social media moderator for a company is a great side hustle because it’s pretty simple and almost every company is on social media.
This is a fast way to earn some extra cash while building insight on what’s happening on the company’s social media in which you work for. Between YouTube, Instagram, and any others they might be on, your job is to moderate and find out what people have to say about the brand online. We listed the pros and cons of becoming a social media moderator down below for you.
- Depending on the employer It is usually remote, so it can be done anywhere at anytime.
- You have the tools to handle multiple clients at a time.
- Looks good on your resume.
- You never have to physically interact with anyone.
- You’ll have to deal with complaints and bad comments.
- It can be boring sitting on your computer all day without human interaction.
- Even though you’re on your computer the chatting on it all day can get exhausting.
- If it you don’t have good time management skills, it might take up too much of your resting time because social media is happening 24/7.
How to be the best social media moderator you can be in 4 simple ways
- Procrastination going into a hole of what other people are doing is one of the major issues we experience when it comes to social media. Thankfully, there are tools you can use to manage socials and time to ensure that is not happening.
- If you’re having a hard time figuring out where to start, try to do research on what other companies are doing. They already have experience, so it doesn’t hurt to follow in their footsteps.
- Stay on top of new trends or apps that may be surfacing. That way you always know what’s going on because it’s possible to get new gigs when new platforms appear.
- Maintain a positive attitude when handling complaints and negative comments. It will not get you anywhere by responding back to them in a rude way and it might land you in hot water.
How much can you earn becoming a social media moderator?
Average pay of a social media marketer is usually between $20-$25 an hour. This means your income depends on how many hours you work each month.
Earning more is possible considering some people do this as their full-time job. It’s a plus if you already have a social media following because you can potentially sell sponsored posts in exchange for cash or free products.
Here are a few sources to find companies hiring